EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
One thing that occurred to me is what do EV owners do about their EVs when they go on holiday and have to use an airport that's a long drive away. So you arrive at the airport with low battery, what next? You can't park it on a charger and leave it there for a fortnight. If you leave it in normal airport parking for two weeks, that low battery will be virtually flat when you return.

So what happens when you come back to your EV with almost dead batteries at the end of your holiday at 6 o'clock in the morning? Hope you can find a working charger and also hope you have enough juice to get to the charger? So you just about manage to limp to a charger that's actually working and available, not daring to turn on the heater or any other accessories on the way. Then stand there like a lemon in the freezing cold for an hour or two while the thing slowly charges and the Mrs chews your ear off, saying that either you part-ex this ridiculous battery contraption for a sensible ICE as soon as you get home or she'll see you in the divorce court. :giggle:

Sponsored Links
Yes, and without them, there wouldn't be any affordable second hand ones!

Or perhaps you could say that without them there would be more ICEs available on the used market.

It's telling that the vast majority of EV sales are to fleets. People who have to stump up their own hard-earned are far less likely to take on the increased cost, inconvenience and rapid depreciation liabilities of an EV.

One thing that occurred to me is what do EV owners do about their EVs when they go on holiday and have to use an airport that's a long drive away. So you arrive at the airport with low battery, what next? You can't park it on a charger and leave it there for a fortnight. If you leave it in normal airport parking for two weeks, that low battery will be virtually flat when you return.

So what happens when you come back to your EV with almost dead batteries at the end of your holiday at 6 o'clock in the morning? Hope you can find a working charger and also hope you have enough juice to get to the charger? So you just about manage to limp to a charger that's actually working and available, not daring to turn on the heater or any other accessories on the way. Then stand there like a lemon in the freezing cold for an hour or two while the thing slowly charges and the Mrs chews your ear off, saying that either you part-ex this ridiculous battery contraption for a sensible ICE as soon as you get home or she'll see you in the divorce court. :giggle:

Mine has Valet parking - controlled by my phone - so I suppose I could utilise that, with an arrangement with the parking firm.

Nowt to do with religion for me, just pure pragmatism.

If they develop something that does what I need, for the right cost, it'll do for me.

Right now, of the current options, EV fits that bill best.

If the next thing is fuelled by unicorn p!ss (it having been discovered in gargantuan, freely-available quantities), I'll have one of those instead.

Sponsored Links
Back