EV are they worth it?

Ronald Reagan used to say the most frightening words you could ever hear are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you." He was right.
No, he was wrong.

Want to know what is frightening?

People so brainwashed into believing carp like that that this happens:

Or this

Sponsored Links
Have you thought to consult a tricyclist

8d9da758e83f--S22-3194-Blog-HowToRideTrike-BillboardHeader-M.jpg

?

1200px-Tricycle.yellow.arp.jpg

?

Sponsored Links
No, that's the thread title. Learn the difference... :rolleyes:

Eric began the thread, creating the title, and his first couple of lines said the following..

'I watched Channel 5 yesterday on when to buy an EV car, they were saying some time in the future we will all need to buy an EV, but when.'

So it seems the thread is more about when and if it might be worthwhile, to change one's allegiance.

I'll change when it's the right thing for me.

As determined by facts, and reality.

Not paranoid conspiracy weebling.

Eric began the thread, creating the title, and his first couple of lines said the following..

'I watched Channel 5 yesterday on when to buy an EV car, they were saying some time in the future we will all need to buy an EV, but when.'

So it seems the thread is more about when and if it might be worthwhile, to change one's allegiance.

Well done... but that was nearly 3000 posts ago... do try and keep up at the back there! :ROFLMAO:

Now the question I was answering, was a tad more recent than that, and it was about carrots and sticks.:)

Cobblers. Its what under-investment is doing. Despite there now being a million EVs on our roads, the country's electricity consumption is actually LOWER than it was in 1990 when the only EVs on the roads really WERE milk floats!

1729085412677.png

In fact, our highest electricity demand was in about 2005. For the last 20 years, give-or-take, I've been hearing stories about how "the lights will go off" (this) winter... Hasn't happened yet, and didn't happen in the non-story that you linked to either. Ironically, it's the "milk floats" that could provide at least part of the ANSWER to surges in demand, but not while we have attitudes like this:

So I have my EV charging on my drive over night and go to drive off for work in the morning only to find that the national grid has sucked all the power out of it for themselves.
And then later I go to charge it cause its flat as I need it later but the national grid says I cant charge it yet cause they are too busy.

:rolleyes:

Cobblers. Its what under-investment is doing.
Or wasting money on unreliable generation - windmills!
Despite there now being a million EVs on our roads, the country's electricity consumption is actually LOWER than it was in 1990 when the only EVs on the roads really WERE milk floats!

Many of the heavy industries have gone, plus other efficiencies, which is why consumption has reduced, whilst EV's have taken up the slack..

Or wasting money on unreliable generation - windmills!

It's very hard to explain to someone who can't (or more likely, won't) understand why we can't just keep burning coal, and why the gas won't last forever, and why burning oil to generate electricity is a really stupid idea... :rolleyes:

Many of the heavy industries have gone, plus other efficiencies, which is why consumption has reduced, whilst EV's have taken up the slack..

Except, (if you can read a simple graph), you'll see that they haven't...:rolleyes:

It's very hard to explain to someone who can't (or more likely, won't) understand why we can't just keep burning coal, and why the gas won't last forever, and why burning oil to generate electricity is a really stupid idea... :rolleyes:
Nuclear! Very clean, and much more green than windmills. Better yet, it's not intermittent.

It seems that foolishly, thrashing about for solutions, they have replaced many of the coal stations of old, with waste burning generation, which is just as filthy as coal.

Except, (if you can read a simple graph), you'll see that they haven't...:rolleyes:

You posted the 'simple graph', the 'simple graph' is simply that - a graph of consumption. There is no breakdown of to who, or where the consumption went.

Sponsored Links
Back