EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
House insurance going up for EV owners.

Is it though?

Do you have any proof of that apart from one random person quoted on a YT video posted by an anti-EV fanatic saying they "heard from a friend of a friend"?

And if premiums are higher, is it because an EV charge point makes the house more valuable? Or has been installed in a location which creates a trip hazard? Or is an expensive piece of equipment fixed to the outside of the house, and thieves have started stealing charging cables?

I've just tried two of the well known insurance comparison websites, where they ask all sorts of questions like flood risk, subsidence risk, type of house construction, value of property, rebuild cost, claims history, security, are there smokers, occupation, criminal records....

Neither ask about either EV parking or EV charge points.

Do you have any proof of that apart from one random person quoted on a YT video posted by an anti-EV fanatic saying they "heard from a friend of a friend"?
There was no mention of friend of a friend. Since you are making stuff up, you are less trust worthy than guy in video.

Insofar as I don't come here telling lies
You lied above, per my response.

No it isn't.

Someone throwing 1kg of sodium metal into a lake is unrelated to batteries of any kind.
Fair enough. A sodium ion battery would have about 7kg + 20% = 8.4kg of sodium metal in it. That would be difficult to throw. A two handed toss might work.

In general, I can assure everybody about three fundamentals of the insurance business.

1) They are incredibly driven by risk data.

2) They don't like to go bust.

3) Any insurer who renders themselves uncompetitive by setting premiums, or refusing business, based on emotive non-facts and rumours and swivel-eyed lies, rather than solid actuarial data will go bust.

Sponsored Links
Back