EV are they worth it?

The point was the insurers made an assessment and concluded EVs have higher risk. Consequently EV owners are penalized with higher house insurance cost.

Why do you keep telling these lies? It's just so easy to catch you out! My house insurance doesn't even ask what kind of car I have. It's a complete irrelevance!

Could I have a show of hands on here please? Hands-up, anyone who's house insurance has anything about EVs in it?

Flooding, condensation, cola spill, etc are irrelevant.
Flooding isn't. I know people in areas prone to flooding, who either pay higher premiums or have clauses limiting. Payouts in the event of flooding.

Sponsored Links
The battery management system cannot make a different. The detonation is with in lithium. It goes up from water contact, temperature trauma, short circuit, and kinetic trauma. When these incidents occur, there is only seconds before chain reaction and explosion.
More rubbish and a few half-truths at best.

Here's a recap of the 2nd most abundant substance in day to day life: water reacting with lithium. This applies to water derivatives such as tea, coffee, cola, ketchup, etc. Short circuiting from salt water is a separate and unrelated source of ignition.

Anyone who's done any DIY at all, knows water gets everywhere. It can be carried by air and condenses at a place exactly where you don't want it. Vented or corrode-able-shell lithium based batteries are basically sitting time bombs.

Obviously, more than 2 year time bombs, in my case...

Sponsored Links
How many thousand electric cars exploded today in your nearest town?
That'll be the funny thing, in the coming years, as more and more people in Nutjob's road get EVs, and his neighbours start asking why they aren't all "blowing up"...

Could I have a show of hands on here please? Hands-up, anyone who's house insurance has anything about EVs in it?
Yes, let's see the hands of people with invalid insurance. You must inform the insurer of mods or be invalidated.

Risk data say EV risk higher. This data did not come from a friend of friend. It can be inferred that higher risk results in higher insurance.
. But somehow, when challenged to post up links to this "risk data", (just like when challenged to provide links to an insurance policy that prohibits the use of non-genuine parts), you'll never quite get round to it, will you...

Yes, let's see the hands of people with invalid insurance. You must inform the insurer of mods or be invalidated.

We've been here before.... I wasn't asking for articles about "maybe" and "perhaps", I was asking about the only thing that matters - an actual POLICY, obliging the policyholder to notify his insurer...

We've been here before.... I wasn't asking for articles about "maybe" and "perhaps", I was asking about the only thing that matters - an actual POLICY, obliging the policyholder to notify his insurer...
Put up your insurance T&C and we'll take a look.

Sponsored Links
Back