EV are they worth it?

No it isn't.

Someone throwing 1kg of sodium metal into a lake is unrelated to batteries of any kind.
He doesn't understand though. He hears words that trigger him, and just starts spouting his claptrap. He probably doesn't even realise what he sprinkles on his chips...

Sponsored Links
Yes, let's see the hands of people with invalid insurance. You must inform the insurer of mods or be invalidated.

Do I Need To Tell My Insurer About My Home EV Charger Installation?

It’s best to tell your insurer about an EV charger. Your current home insurance policy may cover a charger. However, it may not. And if it doesn’t, then you may find yourself severely out of pocket if anything ever happens to your charger.

Also, some insurers may argue that an electric charging point affects your home’s risk profile. They may argue that it presents certain fire hazards. And if you don’t have off-street parking or a garage, they may worry that running a cable from your car or your home could present a hazard to members of the public.

It all depends on your insurer, and your current policy – which is why it’s best to tell them!

Why Do Insurers Need To Know About EV Charger Installation?

When it comes to charge points, insurers may consider claims arising from trip hazards, the risk of electrocution, and even fire hazards resulting from badly installed or poorly maintained systems.

Indeed, any insurer may do any of these things.

Please tell us which ones increase premiums or refuse business because of the risks of EVs catching fire.

He doesn't understand though. He hears words that trigger him, and just starts spouting his claptrap. He probably doesn't even realise what he sprinkles on his chips...
A mix of sodium and chlorine - both dangerous elements.

Oh - and a corrosive liguid.

Sponsored Links
That'll be the funny thing, in the coming years, as more and more people in Nutjob's road get EVs, and his neighbours start asking why they aren't all "blowing up"...
Or Nutjob becomes more and more irrational in response to being surrounded by EVs, and starts behaving intemperately, resulting in civil or criminal sanctions against him.

That would be funny too.

claim-condition.jpg

Go ahead, punk, notify and see your house insurance sky rocket.

Last edited:
Why isn't it proof?
It's anecdotal.

If you think it is proof try to use it to support being granted an injunction preventing your neighbour installing a charge point - see how well it works.

But, the information was supplied by you. Does that make you a liar if information is wrong?

I asked you to tell us which insurers increase premiums or refuse business because of the risks of EVs catching fire.

Saying that insurers are incredibly driven by risk data isn't an answer to that question.

I have better things to do with my time.
Then please do them to the exclusion of posting on this site.

Sponsored Links
Back