EV are they worth it?

EV not doing well with water.

I think what you actually mean, is an EV not doing well after being stuck on a ship full of burning ICEs for several days?

(Dangerous things, ICEs, you see.....);)

Tell me... how many EVs were on that ship, and how many came out intact? (Then you can tell me how many ICEs were on that ship, and how many of those came out intact....):ROFLMAO:

It's a real measure of how utterly incompetent you are, that you picked this example (of all) to try and make your point, and ended up putting yet another bullet hole in your foot....:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Metallic or not lithium reacts to water.

Oh this is excruciating!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Guys, he really doesn't get the different between metallic lithium and lithium salts or ions. (Just like he doesn't get the difference between metallic sodium and table salt)!

He is easily triggered by the word "lithium", like a 17th Century peasant could be triggered by the word "witch".

All we can do, is thank our lucky stars that he's not in charge of any kind of any kind of fire brigade...

Like the Swedish bloke said, it's a bit like dealing with airbags in burning vehicles. Once the people like NutJob finished running around screaming, the guys with the brains actually got their heads round it and sorted it. They're doing that with EV batteries right now, but it'll be few few years before the headless chickens realise that.

Perhaps we just have to ignore NutJob and let him burn himself out, naturally? ;)

lithium-cobalt oxide (LiCoO2)
A dark blue odorless powder; Insoluble in water

A dark blue odorless powder; Insoluble in water

Here's a full explanation of risks in EV batteries:

Sponsored Links
Here's a full explanation of risks in EV batteries:

Ev's are dangerous.

So are ICE's.

2 facts of life.

and so what?
So, it catches fire. The traditional milk float batteries are better. I never heard them catching fire.

Here's EV burning down neighbour's house, as well as the owner's house. You might ask so what? My answer would be: so I am glade my next door's have no EV. When I go grocery shopping, I avoid parking next to EV's. I don't need the hassle if anything goes wrong.

Last edited:
So, it catches fire. The traditional milk float batteries are better. I never heard them catching fire.

Here's EV burning down neighbour's house, as well as the owner's house. You might ask so what? My answer would be: so I am glade my next door's have no EV. When I go grocery shopping, I avoid parking next to EV's. I don't need the hassle if anything goes wrong.

Ever parked next to a Range Rover, non EV ?

Currently in the UK after driving 500 miles and ferry on a 50kwh battery.

The tech is fine.

However, the infrastructure needs to catch up.

I don't think it fantastic but it's also not a show stopper for the occasion long journey.

The EV is an absolute fantastic car for long journeys though.

Is does not really matter if the battery is dangerous or not, e-bikes have been banded on trains, and at max speed of 16 MPH not safe on country roads, so it seems my idea of moving to an EV has been killed.

Here's an ICE trying to torch a petrol station...

Oh, look! Here's another one...

Sponsored Links
Back