EV are they worth it?

Are we?
And were we responsible for the climate change at the last Ice Age?

No. Climate change is natural and has been going on well before humans even existed.

They won't listen. They've been sold to. It's like some cult that has sucked them, taken all their money and they take everything said as gospel. They don't want to admit they're wrong or even contemplate critical thinking.

Should really feel sorry for them. Follow goddess Greta!! :LOL::rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Are we?

No. Climate change is natural and has been going on well before humans even existed.
I'd say yes we, the human race, is responsible.

There is just too many of us on the planet.

Te time has come where we, the whole human race has a decision to make. Do we want to see other forms of life or just humans? Do we want a world that is comfortable to live in or one that is to warm, to windy, to many storms?

I say big families are a crime against Humanity, Earth and the Future.

Shouldn't have bothered. SS hero appeared in the Canadian parliament last year, and SS formations are running around in ukraine.

How do you know climate change is bad? Did goblins tell you so? Like the seasons, earth itself has a hot and cold cycle. Why interfere with it?

Fair's fair Nutjob. All this time, I've had you down as a pretty one-dimensional character who comes on here, and spouts ridiculous, unsubstantiated BS about cars, but it turns out you can also spout ridiculous unsubstantiated BS about WW2 and climate change too! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
EV incentives are being removed. Good times ahead with an ICE boom.

Enjoy it while it lasts... :)

Wasn't this the same Geoff that was telling us all how dangerous EVs were because of the "runaway" Jag EV on the M62...?

...right up until the driver got arrested...

Some people are very easily taken-in aren't they...? :unsure:

cartoon_last_climate_change_denier.jpg

Nutjob :rolleyes:

Are we?

Clearly not, but that took about 50,000 years to come and go. The current one is has taken 200 so far. Nobody has been able to find any evidence of climate change as rapid as that, in the earth's history, that wasn't fatal to life...

..perhaps you could provide credible evidence of some?;)

As already explained, climate change over tens of thousands of years is natural, climate change over hundreds of years, is not...

I'd say yes we, the human race, is responsible.

There is just too many of us on the planet.

Te time has come where we, the whole human race has a decision to make. Do we want to see other forms of life or just humans? Do we want a world that is comfortable to live in or one that is to warm, to windy, to many storms?

I say big families are a crime against Humanity, Earth and the Future.

Strictly speaking, we have a choice. We can cut down on humans and live the way we currently live, or we can keep the same number of humans and live more sustainably. (Or indeed, my favoured option, which is "a bit of both"). What we can't do, is just carry on as we are, pretending nothing's wrong, and that it's all some sort of conspiracy theory.

They won't listen. They've been sold to. It's like some cult that has sucked them, taken all their money and they take everything said as gospel. They don't want to admit they're wrong or even contemplate critical thinking.

Oh we listen alright. It's just that we listen to actual scientists who know what they're talking about. We look at the computer models they create and the predictions, and we look at the weather records over the last 20 or 30 years since the scientists have started making those predictions, and we see that what's actually happening to the climate around us is, give-or-take, pretty much what was predicted.

You, on the other hand, listen to...who... exactly? The few percent of scientists who disagree? (And strangely, appear to have links to the fossil fuel industries)? Your fellow conspiracy theorists?

To what won't we listen ?

Absolutely. Actually, I don't see any point in trying to persuade people who have decided beyond any question that they are correct.
Let them all buy electric milk floats, stop using fossil fuels including gas for domestic heating, watch whilst windmills fail to produce all the electricity they need to survive.
Under Labour, the banning the sale of ICE cars will have taken place by 2035 and despite that ICE cars will still be the majority choice. People will either keep and repair their existing choices or possibly import more from more enlightened countries.
Yes, by all means deny this and criticise my ridiculous opinions, but simply wait and see.

Absolutely. Actually, I don't see any point in trying to persuade people who have decided beyond any question that they are correct.
Let them all buy electric milk floats, stop using fossil fuels including gas for domestic heating, watch whilst windmills fail to produce all the electricity they need to survive.
Under Labour, the banning the sale of ICE cars will have taken place by 2035 and despite that ICE cars will still be the majority choice. People will either keep and repair their existing choices or possibly import more from more enlightened countries.
Yes, by all means deny this and criticise my ridiculous opinions, but simply wait and see.
And now a political rant, but not addressing the rate of change of the climate.

An EV car is not necessarily the right option for everybody (me included), but you can't deny that ICE cars are dying out, whether you like it or not.

Are the fumes from ice cars, good for you, and your kids? It's a simple question

irony meter.jpg

UK electricity consumption.jpg

How many more EVs do you think we'd need on our roads before our electricity consumption got back up to 2005 levels?

Like Ecuador maybe? Or perhaps Cuba? Maybe somewhere in Africa will sell you some beaten-up, hand-me-down old Peugeot pickup? Yeah, I daresay you'll be able to find some 3rd World sh1thole that will be on the same wavelength as you when it comes to finding something to get around in. You can drive about in it, listening to GB News on your long wave wireless and trying to convince yourself Britain is world-leading in some respect, whilst doing your best to drag it even further down... Don't worry though, the rest of us will do the heavy lifting for you... :)

We shall indeed...;)

Well, you are at perfect liberty to pour scorn if you wish.
May I ask you a simple question?
In which year do you expect the government (whoever they are) to ban the sale of ICE cars?
2035? 2030? Sooner?

Sponsored Links
Back