Labour MP landlord. Tenants not happy.

Private
Rental
Sector

And you are slinging mud with no experience of the sector.

What’s your real name? Keir Starmer
I said it was disgusting the Labour MP had rental properties….do you disagree?

I do have experience, I’m literally working on a rental property at the moment, I have clients that are property investors in both commercial and domestic.

You seem upset, maybe you are a landlord who lets out filthy properties

Sponsored Links
One of our friends owns a couple of flats that she rents out. She is forever telling her tenants to open the bloody windows. On a similar matter, our daughter and her husband moved from a flat (without even a balcony) to a house this week. Hanging washing on the line was a novelty for her and she was surprised at how quick they dried on a sunny day. They never suffered from mould as they were lucky enough to have a spare bedroom to dry their clothes in on clothes airers and they could leave the window open.
I’m working on a property at the moment, the bathroom ceiling is covered in mould…..the job I’m doing is refurbing the windows and it’s obvious they haven’t been opened for years.

As with many (most?) things in life, it's direct experience/involvement that gives a true insight. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, however those who are or have been LLs know how challenging things can be.

As I've said before, are there scummy LLs? Yes. Do some of them rent out sub-standard properties? Yes. Do some of them charge rents that are too high? Yes. Do some fail to react quickly enough to issues? Yes. Yes yes and yes again.

However that's not reflective of all LLs, even though some seem to assert it is, mainly those who seem to have nothing but disgust for the PRS.

Believe it or not tenants can also be challenging. Believe it or not, sometimes the property issues are caused by the tenant. However that side of the story isn't as juicy to the media and gets conveniently ignored by politicians.
The U.K. has a massive housing crisis.
Most people can’t get on the housing ladder without a big deposit from mum and dad.

And rents are now so high that they swallow a large part of peoples wages.

There is a tendency to blame landlords, but those people who are landlords with just a few properties, aren’t the real problem and they aren’t making money either

Sponsored Links
Sometimes there is no ventilation available, that's the landlords problem.

Don’t be ridiculous. Every property has windows and does.

I’ve got customers who add ventilation, fans, etc and the tenants won’t use them

Can’t you accept that some of these problems ARE self inflicted

I’ve got customers who add ventilation, fans, etc and the tenants won’t use them

FFS, your not one of those parasitic landlords that says..."open a window and turn the heating up" are you?

Jeezus fugging Christ.

So to be clear, you are saying the landlord that mottie identified, may not be as bad as he tried to make out ?

I said it was disgusting the Labour MP had rental properties….do you disagree?

I do have experience, I’m literally working on a rental property at the moment, I have clients that are property investors in both commercial and domestic.

You seem upset, maybe you are a landlord who lets out filthy properties

Here you go again writing nonsense

I don’t have issues with anybody being a landlord, I do have issues with the way some landlords operate. These are mainly the ones that self manage and don’t think rules apply to them.

There Is nobody to check up on them

FFS, your not one of those parasitic landlords that says..."open a window and turn the heating up" are you?

Jeezus fugging Christ.

No I’m not a landlord but keeping the windows shut always makes things worse. The smallest of cracks makes a huge difference

No I’m not a landlord but keeping the windows shut always makes things worse.
The inquest I posted showed that the bathroom had no window or working extract fan, and the kitchen had no extract fan while the window opened onto a communal walkway.

You are aware that opening windows during cold wet winters is not a good way to alleviate mould, aren't you?
In winter, we use our front bedroom to dry clothes. The window is open 24/7 all year round.

Sponsored Links
Back