This is the sort of pledge that might get my vote.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Every Amazon van I see in these parts seems to be like that, too. I think we should have a topic for the most battered Amazon van.

Bit like the private plates topic. If I had a smart phone I would have whipped it out. One I saw today was true demolition Derby stuff.

Last edited:
20240303_204951-jpg.2014539

because they can’t work
By this, do you mean there is some frustrating factor that means there is literally no useful function they can perform for the benefit of society?

Genuinely curious; I hear this line from time to time, and alwaysr wonder if the person saying it is talking about people who "don't have a job", "are unable to find a job" or are "incapable of performing a job"?

By this, do you mean there is some frustrating factor that means there is literally no useful function they can perform for the benefit of society?
have a look at the Personal Independence Payment criteria, which will give you an idea:

you need 8 out of 11 points you get the basic components:

• Preparing food
  • Taking nutrition, whether by tube or more usually, issues around eating and drinking.
  • Taking medication, which includes how home therapy is managed, and aspects of monitoring a health condition.
  • Washing and bathing, which is about bathing or showering.
  • Managing toilet needs or incontinence.
  • Dressing and undressing
  • Communicating verbally
  • Reading and understanding what you have read.
  • Engaging with other people, face-to-face.
  • Making budgeting decisions

it is very hard to get enough points, the system is privatised and they do all they can to trick people to avoid paying out, so if you think its easy, you would be wrong

there are currently 3.1m PIP claimants

if you have less than 6 months to live they are kind enough to not force you to do the assessment (although they will argue about the period)

Genuinely curious; I hear this line from time to time, and alwaysr wonder if the person saying it is talking about people who "don't have a job", "are unable to find a job" or are "incapable of performing a job"?
have a think about people suffering an illness or disability, heres a few examples:

cerebral palsy
multiple sclerosis
terminal cancer
a women suffering PTSD due to domestic violence

or are "incapable of performing a job"?
have you ever employed anybody?

I can tell you there are some people perfectly able to work in theory, but are just a liability and best kept away from the workplace.........if you want to employ one, good luck

I think it would usually mean those who are too sick to work, and single parents with young children.

Unemployment is at it's lowest rate ever since 1973 or something, it was far higher when all of you old farts were in your prime. So all of you get off your high horses.

Unemployment is at its lowest rate ever since 1973 or something, it was far higher when all of you old farts were in your prime. So all of you get off your high horses.
Didn't you used to be able to leave school at 16 and sign on the dole?

Sponsored Links
Back