EV are they worth it?

For those locations with lamp post charging, it's plug in and then go into your house or wherever else you are going to.

No queuing up
No waiting for anything
No wasted hours

There are other solutions for properties without driveways.
Like what? There are 4 working chargers in car parks in the town I live in (population 15,000) there are 4 more that for some reason are not yet live, there are zero lampost chargers, please explain what other solutions are available?

Sponsored Links
Like what? There are 4 working chargers in car parks in the town I live in (population 15,000) there are 4 more that for some reason are not yet live, there are zero lampost chargers, please explain what other solutions are available?

You need to get with the times and use youtube. Solutions are a'plenty.

For those locations with lamp post charging, it's plug in and then go into your house or wherever else you are going to.

No queuing up
No waiting for anything
No wasted hours

There are other solutions for properties without driveways.
I can only speak from observing a house renter who has an EV. There is no charging in the house garage or drive way. I could see the car being a major theme of their lives.

There has to be a queue, even if it's on app. You have to live by the car's needs daily, weekly, or whatever. In contrast, if my ICE needs something, I could delay it till next year. If there's an urgent fix, I could pick the best moment in the next month, etc. Best of all, I don't have to go anywhere because the car is right out side the door. I could divide the fix in the 5 minute tasks and do them whenever I feel like.

Sponsored Links
Stick with your patchwork knacker on jenga, and let the grown ups make their own mind up (y)
My jenga sits in the garage 99% of the time. Knacker no, patch work, and multi-coloured yes. Regardless, people going past often ask to buy it. I was a in a grocer parking lot not long ago. After loading up the shopping, I walked to a distance to look at the panel colour match. I was not happy. Some stranger walking past and said: brotha, your xyz model is the best car in the world! I chuckled and out of words to say.

Your getting stuck on my jenga is just projecting. Cars are reliable if you know what you are doing, and know what you are seeing. I can guarantee you the moment your car is out of warranty, it will instantly become a knacker. You know it and I know it.

Your getting stuck on my jenga is just projecting

Console yourself with that thought but, no, it isn't :it's laughing at either your wanton trolling, or wanton stupidity.

As for my car being useless once out of warranty, the only bits that are going to be close to needing replacement are brakes, tyres, the odd bushing, some bodywork: the bits that are in common with ICE cars.

I've driven likely in excess of a million miles, in ICE, hybrids, and now an EV.

You barely drive the ICE that you fawn over.

A week in an EV convinced me that you'd have to drag me back to ICE. A month has just cemented that opinion.

Last edited:
A week in an EV convinced me that you'd have to drag me back to ICE. A month has just cemented that opinion.
It took me no time at all to realise I don't want an EV. In fact I knew long before EV was a thing, and forced on people. After a B&Q ni-cad screwdriver 15 years ago, and a battery dremel around the same time, I knew EVs are a joke.

It took me no time at all to realise I don't want an EV
Jolly good. Never buy one. No one cares what you buy or drive.

In fact I knew long before EV was a thing, and forced on people
No EVs or any other vehicles have been forced on people.

After a B&Q ni-cad screwdriver 15 years ago, and a battery dremel around the same time, I knew EVs are a joke.
NiCd batteries, screwdrivers and other tools tools are unrelated.

There is no charging in the house garage or drive way. I could see the car being a major theme of their lives.
Charging can be provided in those locations. Making up stories about what problems might exist if someone obtained an electric car with nowhere to charge it are unrelated.

There has to be a queue, even if it's on app. You have to live by the car's needs daily, weekly, or whatever.
The car is charged when it's parked. That can be at home, or at work, or in a car park, or anywhere else that cars are parked for the majority of their existence.

Like what?
Charging equipment installed on the street
Channels across pavements to allow a cable to be extended to the car when required.
People charging at other locations that they are parked at for hours at a time, such as at work, the supermarket, or any other parking place where cars are parked up for hours.

There are 4 working chargers in car parks in the town I live in (population 15,000)
More can and will be installed.
When it is, those who can't charge at home can charge at other places.

Jolly good. Never buy one. No one cares what you buy or drive.
That's unrelated because people care what I say. Don't know why to be honest. I personally never care what other people say.

Charging can be provided in those locations. Making up stories about what problems might exist if someone obtained an electric car with nowhere to charge it are unrelated.
That's unrelated to a real story.

The car is charged when it's parked.
It cannot. It has to go to a lamp post at a specific time. I imagine it will attract fine when it doesn't vacate at specific time.

Scientists at the University of Edinburgh aim to use bacteria that can extract lithium, cobalt, manganese and other minerals from old batteries and discarded electronic equipment. These scarce and expensive metals are vital for making electric cars and other devices upon which green technology devices depend, a point stressed by Professor Louise Horsfall, chair of sustainable biotechnology at Edinburgh.

“If we are going to end our dependence on petrochemicals and rely on electricity for our heating, transport and power, then we will become more and more dependent on metals,” said Horsfall. “All those photovoltaics, drones, 3D printing machines, hydrogen fuel cells, wind turbines and motors for electric cars require metals – many of them rare – that are key to their operations.” @the Garundia

Let's hope the wee beasties don't flame asunder in the process of saving the planet. :mrgreen:

People don't get oil and petrol on skin. People inhale lithium fires en-mass in all the videos shown.

Of course they get oil on skin! Why do you keep telling lies that are so easily called-out?

1724658706560.png

Sponsored Links
Back