EV are they worth it?

Unrelated to the thread theme. Opinions are not delusions. These are formed from observations, experience, and deductions.

So tell us all about your extensive experience of EVs that has informed your posts so far... ;)

Sponsored Links
Then how comes they don't drop like flies? Obviously, either petrol doesn't cause cancer or people don't touch the stuff. The truth is somewhere in between.

Every now and then, just when I think you've made your stupidest comment on something, you manage to pull the rabbit out of the hat and make a sillier one... :rolleyes:

I don't. I think EV owners should changes their oils more because EV's are heavier and harder on the conventional oils developed for passenger vehicles. I reckon, EV owners should use truck based oils.

Ah... I see the guy who doesn't advocate changing oil in ICEs, now advocates changing it in EVs...:rolleyes: Is there really no end to your ignorance?

Sponsored Links
Like what? There are 4 working chargers in car parks in the town I live in (population 15,000) there are 4 more that for some reason are not yet live, there are zero lampost chargers, please explain what other solutions are available?

Which town is that?

I can only speak from observing a house renter who has an EV. There is no charging in the house garage or drive way. I could see the car being a major theme of their lives.

Then it's probably best to say nothing, and avoid revealing your idiocy to the world...

(Although I do accept that on this forum at least, that ship has well and truly sailed...) :ROFLMAO:

There has to be a queue, even if it's on app.

Interesting... how does one "queue" on an app?

You have to live by the car's needs daily, weekly, or whatever. In contrast, if my ICE needs something, I could delay it till next year. If there's an urgent fix, I could pick the best moment in the next month, etc. Best of all, I don't have to go anywhere because the car is right out side the door. I could divide the fix in the 5 minute tasks and do them whenever I feel like.

And what makes you think the same can't be done with an EV?

My jenga sits in the garage 99% of the time. Knacker no, patch work, and multi-coloured yes. Regardless, people going past often ask to buy it. I was a in a grocer parking lot not long ago. After loading up the shopping, I walked to a distance to look at the panel colour match. I was not happy. Some stranger walking past and said: brotha, your xyz model is the best car in the world! I chuckled and out of words to say.

I can well understand your surprise. Still, he dodged a bullet there. Imagine buying a car that hadn't had an oil change for a decade...:rolleyes:

Your getting stuck on my jenga is just projecting. Cars are reliable if you know what you are doing, and know what you are seeing. I can guarantee you the moment your car is out of warranty, it will instantly become a knacker. You know it and I know it.

Good job EV warranties are on average at least twice as long as ICE warranties then...;)

Console yourself with that thought but, no, it isn't :it's laughing at either your wanton trolling, or wanton stupidity.

As for my car being useless once out of warranty, the only bits that are going to be close to needing replacement are brakes, tyres, the odd bushing, some bodywork: the bits that are in common with ICE cars.

I've driven likely in excess of a million miles, in ICE, hybrids, and now an EV.

You barely drive the ICE that you fawn over.

A week in an EV convinced me that you'd have to drag me back to ICE. A month has just cemented that opinion.

But I'm sure you'll have noticed that the worst anti-EV stories come from the people with the least direct experience of them...;)

That's unrelated because people care what I say.

You flatter yourself! Trust me, nobody on here takes you seriously!

Don't know why to be honest. I personally never care what other people say.

That's not true. You deeply care what every conspiracy theorist crackpot on YouTube says!

That's unrelated to a real story.

It cannot. It has to go to a lamp post at a specific time. I imagine it will attract fine when it doesn't vacate at specific time.

Why?

It took me no time at all to realise I don't want an EV. In fact I knew long before EV was a thing, and forced on people. After a B&Q ni-cad screwdriver 15 years ago, and a battery dremel around the same time, I knew EVs are a joke.

I had a battery powered, rechargeable hedge trimmer once. Complete nightmare. When I would decide that I needed to trim the hedges, it had lost it's charge sitting in the shed. Two thirds of the way through doing the hedges, it would splutter to a halt and need another few hours on charge to complete the job. Complete pain having to plan everything around battery charge, just on something simple and non essential like a trimmer. Imagine the faff of something vital that you use every day, an eg. for example. :eek:

Last edited:
How does that help anybody living in a property without a driveway?

Just do what every other normal person would do, trespass on your neighbour's property so you can get you charger cable to stretch from your flat's window to your EV.

A quote from a previous post of mine -

My Dad has a couple of flats he rents out. Ground floor one is empty at present. It has a forecourt at front that is private property where his tenants can park a couple of cars. Other day I turned up to do some work there and found an Indian tenant from the flats next door parked on this private forecourt - 2 feet from front door of the flat.. He was charging his EV with a cable from his front window. When I explained that the forecourt is private and he was also blocking the front door, he complained that it was the only way he could charge his car and only wanted to park there one day a week.

Told him in no uncertain terms to do one. Some people really haven't thought out the whole EV ownership thing, and I wondered if he was typical of the mentality of EV owners who have rushed into this technology.

Is this typical of the mentality of EV owners? Being sold an idea by vested interests, paying through the nose to be seen to be green, rushing in without a thought to the practicalities?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back