EV are they worth it?

I imagine the analogy would go straight over your head.
Your imagination lacks any creativity if that's the best you can come up with.
An EV doesn't 'sit in the shed' - or a garage for that matter - it's in daily use, unlike your hedge trimmer.

Sponsored Links
I had a battery powered, rechargeable hedge trimmer once. Complete nightmare. When I would decide that I needed to trim the hedges, it had lost it's charge sitting in the shed. Two thirds of the way through doing the hedges, it would splutter to a halt and need another few hours on charge to complete the job. Complete pain having to plan everything around battery charge, just on something simple and non essential like a trimmer. Imagine the faff of something vital that you use every day, an eg. for example. :eek:
A bit like needing petrol or diesel, or even worse, finding a fuel leak.

From what I understand of ev's, (I don't have 1) is the idea of plugging it in when you park, not making a trip to get fuel.

Just a different mindset and approach

I had a battery powered, rechargeable hedge trimmer once. Complete nightmare. When I would decide that I needed to trim the hedges, it had lost it's charge sitting in the shed. Two thirds of the way through doing the hedges, it would splutter to a halt and need another few hours on charge to complete the job. Complete pain having to plan everything around battery charge, just on something simple and non essential like a trimmer. Imagine the faff of something vital that you use every day, an eg. for example. :eek:

I've got a 2-stroke hedge trimmer right now. Bloody pain-in-the-arse thing it is too. I have to carry the special screwdriver to tweak the mixture with me whenever I use it, because after about 10 minutes, it starts to drift...

Is this typical of the mentality of EV owners? Being sold an idea by vested interests, paying through the nose to be seen to be green, rushing in without a thought to the practicalities?

I love it when people who have never tried living with an EV, try to tell people who are using them every day, how impractical they are... :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if this is the automotive equivalent of the 20 stone bloke sat on his sofa, in his pants, with his can of special brew, yelling at the Premier League footballer on the telly about where he went wrong with that free kick?

Sponsored Links
Just been to Newcastle and back today, in my "impractical" EV. Took a bit longer than usual, because I had a couple of floods to contend with, and then the bloody A69 was closed both ways because of a (diesel) lorry fire... :rolleyes:

Maybe Nutjob can find us a YouTube video of it...?;)

I've got a 2-stroke hedge trimmer right now. Bloody pain-in-the-arse thing it is too. I have to carry the special screwdriver to tweak the mixture with me whenever I use it, because after about 10 minutes, it starts to drift...

Just be thankful it doesn't die half way through the job and need a 'rest' for a few hours.

An EV doesn't 'sit in the shed' - or a garage for that matter - it's in daily use, unlike your hedge trimmer.

You were saying!!!

my uncle purchased a toyota hybrid a few years ago, sadly now passed - but he also had an option for a 3 year service deal price which seemed very good at the time.

He did have a few problems as it was not driven every day - maybe 2-3 times a week, and mostly short 16-30mile trips - often had a flat battery

The above is a quote by ETAF from page one of Burnerman's thread about his new car.

Assume = making an ass of u and me. No, actually in this case, it's just you. ;):LOL:

(Note to EV/hybriders/batty battery boys - an ICE vehicle will easily handle just being used 2 or 3 times per week, mostly 16-30 mile trips. The 'antiquated' technology will easily take it in it's stride. Feel sorry for people though, suckered into paying vast sums for vehicles not fit for purpose with untried, untested tech, just to be seen to be green.)

Last edited:
From what I understand of ev's, (I don't have 1) is the idea of plugging it in when you park, not making a trip to get fuel.

Just a different mindset and approach

Neighbour is always out on their drive, faffing around conecting up their battery car cable. I prefer one quick diversion to the filling station every 3 or 4 weeks when at Asda getting groceries. Much less labour intensive.

Just be thankful it doesn't die half way through the job and need a 'rest' for a few hours.

It does, actually. Not a few hours, because it's only a tiny little ICE that doesn't take long to cool, but then, 25cc doesn't get you very far in a car... :rolleyes:

Neighbour is always out on their drive, faffing around conecting up their battery car cable. I prefer one quick diversion to the filling station every 3 or 4 weeks when at Asda getting groceries. Much less labour intensive.
I doubt it takes much to plug in a cable and flick a switch.

:ROFLMAO:

Either you have a spectacularly incompetent neighbour, or that's utter BS...

I can plug mine in, in less time than it takes to pull a petrol pump nozzle out of its holster, undo the filler cap, insert the nozzle into the tank, and wait for the cashier to zero the display on the pump. Did it last night when I got back from Newcastle, in fact. Woke up this morning, and I had a full tank again! It's like magic!:rolleyes:

How long does your "quick diversion to the filling station" take?

I think you forget that practically every EV driver in the country, has also driven ICEs too. (...For the best part of 40 years, in my case...).

You were saying!!!

The above is a quote by ETAF from page one of Burnerman's thread about his new car.

Assume = making an ass of u and me. No, actually in this case, it's just you. ;):LOL:

(Note to EV/hybriders/batty battery boys - an ICE vehicle will easily handle just being used 2 or 3 times per week, mostly 16-30 mile trips. The 'antiquated' technology will easily take it in it's stride. Feel sorry for people though, suckered into paying vast sums for vehicles not fit for purpose with untried, untested tech, just to be seen to be green.)
One person out of how many EV drivers?

U Ass.

Sponsored Links
Back