EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
Ok, that's conclusive then. Pubs in a tourist city in a foreign country still have customers, so the same must be true for The UK's pubs. :rolleyes:

Oh... right.... we don't have any tourist cities over here then? Well who knew?! :rolleyes:

Quick to try and discredit anyone else's evidence without actually offering any of your own whatsoever, I see...;)

Sponsored Links
A few pubs frequented by American and Japanese tourists in a tourist city like for eg. Bath are not typical of the vast majority of remaining pubs in the rest of the country. :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

Indeed, but I'm still looking forward to you putting up your evidence that screaming kids and / or the smoking ban, are to blame...

Will you be doing that any time soon?

The parents see their kids, as >their problem, whereas in the UK, the parents tend to pass the responsibility on to other customers in the pub. The parents see it as >their time to relax from their responsibilities.

My kids were always raised to be respectful of others, to speak to the waiting staff for themselves, and therefore eating out for us was never a problem.

Some kids are feral but, then again, many so-called adults exhibit very poor behaviour.

The battery mobility, does all I need for local. Then the diesel for anything else. I've had lots of motorbikes in my time, even a 3-wheeler car at one time. The problem with bikes, is they are near as expensive as a car to run. Great for entertainment, but not very practical, or cheap.

The mobility scooter, is simple, not much to go wrong, charges in an hour or two after use. It's a Class II, bought originally for my deceased partner, who made almost no use of it. I used it briefly, out of curiosity, then promptly forgot about it, before resurrecting it a few months ago, by when it needed new batteries. Since when, it's been in fairly regular use by me. It lacks suspension, not really allowed on the road - but some local roads lack footpaths, so I take my chances on the road. I've been so impressed with its usefulness, I have been considering buying a better one, a Class III. Class I is limited to 4mph, Class I to 6mph, Class III 8mph, all three can go on the footpath, only III on the road. III needs to be registered (free), and have lights, indicators etc. There is a III, which can be reset, to go at 16mph, which I had my eye on.
Never knew any mobility scooters could legally go on the road. But it would appear that Class lll type scooters can actually access dual carriageways albeit with flashing light. Jesus, who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

Where to drive: You can't drive a class 3 mobility scooter on motorways, bus lanes, or "cycle-only" lanes. You should also avoid dual carriageways with a speed limit over 50 mph. If you do drive on a dual carriageway, you should use an amber flashing light.

So, Harry, if you are not slowing down other road users when towing the caravan you can achieve the same objective with your scooter? Job done. :cool:

So, Harry, if you are not slowing down other road users when towing the caravan you can achieve the same objective with your scooter? Job done. :cool:

I only use it locally, and locally there is a 20mph limit anyway. I do find the local roads, much smoother than the local footpaths, so where I can safely get away with it, I make use of the road.

Indeed, but I'm still looking forward to you putting up your evidence that screaming kids and / or the smoking ban, are to blame...

Please make sure your facts are correct. I never blamed screaming kids for pub closures. I said that I would never frequent a pub where children were allowed, or one that encouraged them with such abominations as soft play areas.

Some stats re. smoking ban and consequent pub closures -

Please make sure your facts are correct. I never blamed screaming kids for pub closures. I said that I would never frequent a pub where children were allowed, or one that encouraged them with such abominations as soft play areas.

We both got several good soakings yesterday, so rather than cook, we decided to go out, get yet another good soaking, and have a carvery. The place was near empty, apart from kids allowed to run around, screaming, at the tops of their voices. Staff, carrying hot plates, and drinks, trying to dodge them. Why do the parents think this is acceptable these days? Had I done it, I would have got a clout for my troubles, at that age.

We both got several good soakings yesterday, so rather than cook, we decided to go out, get yet another good soaking, and have a carvery. The place was near empty, apart from kids allowed to run around, screaming, at the tops of their voices. Staff, carrying hot plates, and drinks, trying to dodge them. Why do the parents think this is acceptable these days? Had I done it, I would have got a clout for my troubles, at that age.
Parents ! And parenting.

Maybe too keen to get to the pub and relax, than do the parenting.

I was watching efix I think it is called, and it seems soon you will be able to use the EV battery to power your house and the new charge points will work in both directions, I did not realise this was not already the case.

I was watching efix I think it is called, and it seems soon you will be able to use the EV battery to power your house and the new charge points will work in both directions, I did not realise this was not already the case.

I heard something, about EV's being used to reverse power the grid..

Sponsored Links
Back