EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
Jeez, not only are you an EVangelist, you're now an immigration denier. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't need to read The Mail and never see GB news - I sometimes visit the shops on the estate. I have my own eyes and ears, which unlike yours aren't blinkered or non working.

But of course, your arrogance leads you to believe you are always right and you know more about a council estate than me that you have never visited.

Possibly, you could just be serially contrary to troll your nonsensical 'opinions'. :rolleyes:

Yes... could be all sorts of reasons... but I notice the only one you don't seem to have considered, is the possibility that you're wrong? (Which is interesting, given the willingness with which you accuse me of arrogance...)

Sponsored Links
Not quite - The route to become a Third World country, is to spend more than you can afford, making too rapid, and ill thought out changes.

Although like someone pointed out earlier, we can find the money for things we want to do...

What percentage of our GDP do you think we're spending on shifting to EVs, and how much do you think it should be?

Thank you for admitting that your only experience of EV's, is simply as a user/driver of such vehicles, rather than an owner driver, paying the actual costs of such a vehicle.

Thank you for finally reading one of the many posts where I have said this... :rolleyes:

Most of us arguing against you, seem to be those who actually have the ownership bills to pay, out of our own pockets.

You'll maybe have noticed (or perhaps you won't...:rolleyes:) that my posts tend to be around the technical aspects of EVs, and of course, the practical day-to-day use of them. I've never denied that they depreciate fast, or that they are more expensive to buy. However, I have said (and indeed submitted evidence to support) that the price differential between new EVs and new ICEs is narrowing.

Now... don't you go falling into Nutjob's trap of trying to say that only people with direct experience of something are allowed to have an opinion on it, because that might limit your future posts on here somewhat...;)

and some of us ICE owners, are perfectly cool, with EV. For instance, I used my own EV, just an hour ago, to take a trip to 'spoons, for a breakfast. It's back on charge again now. They have their uses, but they also have serious limitations.

Yeah... is that you burnishing your credentials for being able to speak with authority about the issues around the day-to-day running of EVs?:ROFLMAO:

Funny enough, I've got a little ride-on lawn mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine in it, so that must qualify me to speak authoritatively about what it's like running an ICE...:rolleyes:

Yes... could be all sorts of reasons... but I notice the only one you don't seem to have considered, is the possibility that you're wrong? (Which is interesting, given the willingness with which you accuse me of arrogance...)

Which includes the words..

'People who apply for asylum get very limited help from the state. If they are ‘destitute’ they get free accommodation, now provided by private companies like Serco and normally in older properties leased from landlords. They get just £49 per week to pay for food and all their expenses.'

Most all the immigrants, fleeing other countries, will be destitute, will need, and be entitled to accommodation of some sort. Accommodation of any sort in the UK, is in desperately short supply, so someone has to suffer.

Lots of things are easy to assert - but are they true? Maybe, it's actually part of a "grand plan" to try and stop people getting increasingly frequently flooded out of their homes? Maybe it's part of a "grand plan" to increase the country's energy security and independence? Maybe it's part of a "grand plan" to improve the air quality for those people who have to live in busy cities? Maybe it's part of a "grand plan" to provision for a future where oil is getting more scarce and a wish to have something in place for that eventuality, instead of waiting to hit the buffers and only having a few years to do it, before the country grinds to a halt?

...but yeah... it could be part of a grand plan to restrict the ability of some members of society to go out, and earn a living and pay tax, and contribute to our nation's lousy productivity, I guess? I mean, what government wouldn't want to have to pay more in unemployment benefits?!
I couldn't give a flying feck.

If I'm lucky I've got 20-30 years left before I pop off to the great forum in the sky.

Let the younger generations sort it out, after all they're very good at lecturing us 'oldies' on everything they say we got wrong.

So I have my EV charging on my drive over night and go to drive off for work in the morning only to find that the national grid has sucked all the power out of it for themselves.
And then later I go to charge it cause its flat as I need it later but the national grid says I cant charge it yet cause they are too busy.

Happens to you a lot, does it...? :rolleyes:

"Vehicle-to-grid", as it's called, could do that, but ONLY with the vehicle user's permission. It's a good way of using EVs to help better manage the country's power demands. You use millions of plugged-in vehicles as a bit reservoir of instantly available electricity. At times of peak demand, you could sell electricity from your car, back to the grid at a premium price, and then use the grid to top it back up later, at a lower price, making yourself a bit of pocket money on the side. What's not to like? If you think you're going to suddenly have to use the car while this is happening, just don't allow it. If you don't trust the app via which is controlled, you can always unplug the charging cable!

You mean energy from French owned power companies using German or Chinese built wind turbines?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Like I said... we could have been world leaders.... we could have developed and implemented these technologies ourselves... We could have been the ones getting rich, exporting them to other countries...

You'd have been right behind it, wouldn't you?;)

'People who apply for asylum get very limited help from the state. If they are ‘destitute’ they get free accommodation, now provided by private companies like Serco and normally in older properties leased from landlords. They get just £49 per week to pay for food and all their expenses.'

Ah.... that'll be all those 4 star hotels then...;)

Most all the immigrants, fleeing other countries, will be destitute, will need, and be entitled to accommodation of some sort. Accommodation of any sort in the UK, is in desperately short supply, so someone has to suffer.

You know this thing about me not being entitled to have a view on EVs because I haven't actually gone out and bought one with my own money...?

Come back when you've got some real, lived experience of being an immigrant looking for accommodation, and then we'll talk, eh?;)

I couldn't give a flying feck.

If I'm lucky I've got 20-30 years left before I pop off to the great forum in the sky.

Let the younger generations sort it out, after all they're very good at lecturing us 'oldies' on everything they say we got wrong.

Wow...:rolleyes:

Looks like it's not just you who is lucky you've only got a limited amount of time left...

Doesn't include these words though, does it:

Those are the words of someone trying to impose a layer of bigotry onto something.

Sponsored Links
Back