EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
I don't think it's necessarily EVangelists; more that some people are quite bullshit intolerant and concerned enough to take up the mantle of fighting ignorance no matter how overwhelmingly hopeless a crusade it may be
That's pretty much it. There are folk on here who probably think I'm trying to persuade them to get EVs. That's absolutely NOT the reason for being here. They've already made their minds up and will just dig their heels in harder and harder, regardless of any arguments presented. But the government has a variety of regulatory and fiscal levers that it can pull to deal with them. They're of little concern, ultimately.

The real reason, is, of course, that on any forum there are usually "lurkers" who are less partisan, more open-minded, and might be genuinely curious about making the transition. I think it's important to counter the lies, BS and misinformation about EVs, so that both side of the argument can get presented.

Sponsored Links
The real reason, is, of course, that on any forum there are usually "lurkers" who are less partisan, more open-minded, and might be genuinely curious about making the transition. I think it's important to counter the lies, BS and misinformation about EVs, so that both side of the argument can get presented.

Along with the serious limitations!

Along with the serious limitations!

I generally don't have to worry too much about pointing out the limitations. There's no shortage of people on here who see that as their main contribution to the debate... ;) I just try to ensure that there's a bit of balance between the stated limitations and the real limitations. It may surprise you to hear that some people on here, sometimes add limitations that aren't actually true...;)

I generally don't have to worry too much about pointing out the limitations. There's no shortage of people on here who see that as their main contribution to the debate... ;) I just try to ensure that there's a bit of balance between the stated limitations and the real limitations. It may surprise you to hear that some people on here, sometimes add limitations that aren't actually true...;)
What was your main reason for having an EV

What was your main reason for having an EV

While you are not asking me, I'll tell you my reasons anyway (in the interests of openness).

I have always had company cars.
My previous company car - a 2 litre diesel, which I'd had for 6 yrs from new - was beyond economical repair (it still ran, but was festooned with dashboard warning lights).
Even if it wasn't, FD said that the tax burden to both myself and the company (from me keeping it) was intolerable, compared to EV.
I run my own diary and travel commitments and, since Covid, no longer have to commute into the office "just because". So I don't.

I now have a car which:

- goes everywhere I need it to
- costs between 10 and 15% of the cost of the previous one, to "fill up" (saving me c. £150 per month)
- costs more than £200 per month less to me, in BiK benefit
- cost less to the company, than them buying me a ICE or hybrid
- costs less to the company, in ongoing tax liability
- costs the company nothing / less, when I have to venture into ULEZ or LEZ for client visits.

Winner for the company.
£350 per month winner for me.

Last edited:
For others, a far, far better option than ICE.
But the anti-EV loonies don't want those others to be allowed that option.

And to (in their minds) help achieve that end they lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie....

An awful lot of them make common cause with the rag-tag bunch of crackpot conspiracy fantasists, so basically what you get is a bandwagon full of a roiling mass of weebling twerps.

Ironically they are doing their best to make sure that they are completely ignored whenever the grown-ups have a discussion about the genuine issues of EVs and EV infrastructures

But the anti-EV loonies don't want those others to be allowed that option.

And to (in their minds) help achieve that end they lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie....

An awful lot of them make common cause with the rag-tag bunch of crackpot conspiracy fantasists, so basically what you get is a bandwagon full of a roiling mass of weebling twerps.

Ironically they are doing their best to make sure that they are completely ignored whenever the grown-ups have a discussion about the genuine issues of EVs and EV infrastructures
So tell us why you have an EV and not an ICE please

Sponsored Links
Back