EV are they worth it?

When something has happened, he's invalidated for not notifying the insurer for adding an incendiary device to his house. Further he has not notified parking a hazardous vehicle next to his house. Invalidation is applied post-claim.

Ah... where would we be without your weekly dose of lies and "pound shop propaganda" to give us a laugh eh, Nutjob?:rolleyes: I'll file that with some your other nuggets of sage advice - like pattern parts invalidating your car insurance...:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Anything not mentioned is not covered. If house is destroy by a non-covered circumstance, the house is not covered. You are naked, mate. Get some cover. It will save you some blushes when your work colleagues find you living in cardboard box under a bridge.

:ROFLMAO: I've just been shopping actually, and got a loaf of bread, a litre of milk, some cheese crackers and a bag of salad that isn't mentioned on my home insurance certificate. In fact, that'll be my very next job after I've finished laughing at your ludicrous BS - getting in touch with my insurer to add them...;)

Sponsored Links
EV tax incoming.

Once again, you've been "played" Nutjob. It's "citizens" that are getting taxed - The suggestion that it's only EV divers, is the commentary in the voiceover - which, if you weren't so gullible, you might actually stop and think to examine more closely... ;)

Why would you go through all this and still not be able to charge your car? EVs: life's too short!!

No wonder ICE drivers park in the charging bays. They're no use for actually charging cars. Imagine spending your life hanging around supermarket car parks in the rain, faffing around with cables, apps and chargers. Hoping it works or your app is compatible or doesn't crash. Then sit there for 30 or 60 mins while the stupid thing sucks up some amps. Would never own anything this user unfriendly. Monumental ball ache! I prefer to have confidence when I refuel my diesel. 5 mins, no aggro, no apps, no dumb cables - job done and on my way. But I suppose if you have the EV religion...............

AND you get to bend over a barrel and drop your trousers for a big oil company! I mean... what's not to like, eh?

A Northamptonshire family were forced to grab their newborn puppies and flee from their home when their electric car exploded without warning – several hours after parking up outside their village home.
Scott added: “The fire fighters told us we were minutes from losing our home. They eventually decided the safest option was to drag the car down the driveway using the fire engine due to the fear of constant reignition. This was a fear that didn’t leave us until someone could be found who was prepared to recover such a dangerous vehicle.

That's an interesting one. We should, of course, await the outcome of the investigation, but I see that some folk on here have already jumped in and nailed their colours to the mast on this one. :rolleyes:

The photos on the BBC article look a bit odd:

Seems this "explosion" blew one of the rear wheels clean off, but it came to rest against the rear quarter panel. Very strange burn pattern too, for an EV. Most of the damage in the rear overhang - which is where few (if any) EV manufacturers put their batteries. I'm not familiar with the Merc EQA, but I don't think that was a battery fire. The paint on the sill under the front door (and indeed, part of the back door) is fine. Looks like there might have been some damage under the "bonnet" too, but I can't quite see in the photo.

Still, it's a good job there was that 50' buffer radius round it:

Makes sense. When an EV catches fire, there is risk the nearby vehicles/building catching fire. This is the reason why there is a 50 feet buffer radius for EVs.

I mean, if it had been (say) barely 10 feet from (say) a garage door, or (say) another car, they'd have been sure to go up with it, wouldn't they? There would have been absolutely nothing left of either of them if an EV had gone up (sorry, "exploded") that close to them, would there...? ;)

Well, I used an app to refuel, an hour ago... I topped up my diesel's tank with £60 worth. I used the phone app, to pay for the fuel, it took me all of five minutes, no fuss at all.

Sounds like a lot of hassle? I drove back from Edinburgh yesterday night, plugged in (about 10 seconds work), and went in the house. Came out this morning to "3/4 of a tank" of electricity, and at some point, the electricity company will put another £3.27 on my electricity direct debit...:)

EVs keeping people awake at night.

And you can show a causal link between the vehicles' type of propulsion system and the behaviour of the self-drive software can you?

No - didn't think so.

Just like you can never show any truth or rationality or evidence of intelligent thought in your endless streams of BS. If this forum was a river you'd be worse for it than all the privatised water companies combined.

Sounds like a lot of hassle? I drove back from Edinburgh yesterday night, plugged in (about 10 seconds work), and went in the house. Came out this morning to "3/4 of a tank" of electricity, and at some point, the electricity company will put another £3.27 on my electricity direct debit...:)

I didn't have to take a break, whilst it refilled, nor did I have to go to bed whilst it refuelled. It's a near instant, on demand system, no planning, no waiting, no great effort involved to seek out a source of fuel.

Gosh! is that an extremely rare (practically unheard of) ICE fire?! I mean, wow! What are the chances of that happening eh?!

Oh... that's right! I remember now! About 20 times greater than getting a (genuine) photo of an EV on fire!:ROFLMAO:

15 minutes for an ICE vehicle to turn into a fireball, mere seconds for an EV to do the same.

Sponsored Links
Back