EV are they worth it?

I was heartened today, to see 16 brand new Osprey high speed (150kW) chargers have just come online outside my local supermarket / Halfords / B&Q.
Only useful for people who wants to play lucky dip. Even if they are able to pre-book a slot, there is no guarantee the state of congestion would allow them to get to the charger at the right moment. These will prove to be a nuisance for everyone else when EVs queue up nearby and blocking traffic. The only possible way for it to work is for every parking bay to be equipped with a charging point.

This kind of infrastructure needs government lead civil engineering. As it is, things are being done by 5 year olds.

Sponsored Links
Only useful for people who wants to play lucky dip. Even if they are able to pre-book a slot, there is no guarantee the state of congestion would allow them to get to the charger at the right moment. These will prove to be a nuisance for everyone else when EVs queue up nearby and blocking traffic. The only possible way for it to work is for every parking bay to be equipped with a charging point.

This kind of infrastructure needs government lead civil engineering. As it is, things are being done by 5 year olds.
"...pre-book a slot"???!!! What on earth are you talking about?! :ROFLMAO: Anyone might think you were pontificating on matters about which you were utterly clueless! :rolleyes: No, you can't "pre-book" EV chargers, just like you can't pre-book petrol pumps...:rolleyes:

If people are stupid enough to want to queue for chargers, then on their own heads be it. Personally, I don't. I don't leave the car until it's empty before I start looking for one (just like I don't run my ICE to empty before I start looking for a filling station), so if there are none available, I just move on to the next one. No big deal, really...

...unless you want it to be...;)

They got suckered into EV's. It's the clearest sign of dumbness.

They are not backwards, and they are the most advanced in the world. They have all of american tech because the only way the american merchants can sell to the world is through the proxy of china.

Banning spoons is to convince china to go green. This is to constrain their power, and it may work. Retarding the chinese population growth while encouraging indian population to grow demonstrated working of the technique.

Ooooo look! People in China are giving up on EVs! (...or not)! :ROFLMAO:

I don't leave the car until it's empty before I start looking for one
I have done that many times. Never had a problem.

You would start looking for one while you are full. By the time you are empty, there's no guarantee you have found one.

Sponsored Links
Ooooo look! People in China are giving up on EVs! (...or not)!
They are. No dealers would take their cars. It would take a couple of generation of owners before everyone realises what a joke EVs are.

Looks like you're going to have to find somewhere else to moan about being dirtier than us, rather than getting our finger out and being the best...

OK, what about the cities in China where you can't see your hand in front of your face? Same in India? Can you tell me where there are similar towns in UK?

Or Czech Republic, where majority of their power is generated using home grown coal? And every house has a wood burner?

There are always plenty dirtier if you're honest.

I have done that many times. Never had a problem.

Unless you're in the habit of pushing it to the filling station, you won't have run it until it's empty. Don't tell lies...

You would start looking for one while you are full. By the time you are empty, there's no guarantee you have found one.

I start looking when it's between about 20 and 10% full, usually. Again, don't tell lies, there's a good chap...:)

OK, what about the cities in China where you can't see your hand in front of your face? Same in India? Can you tell me where there are similar towns in UK?

Or Czech Republic, where majority of their power is generated using home grown coal? And every house has a wood burner?

Put our own house in order.
Set an example.

Why not?

They are. No dealers would take their cars. It would take a couple of generation of owners before everyone realises what a joke EVs are.

"couple of generations", huh?

Well, that's hedging your bets, isn't it?:ROFLMAO:

Busted!

What about them? Is that what you aspire to? Is that how you intend to "make Britain great again"? You're a bit behind the curve in China, by the way. Yes, they had a huge air quality problem in their cities - largely because they were all driving European cast-off car designs (you know, the sort you keep moaning that we should never have abandoned because modern cars are too complicated)? China (just like with power generation) is surging ahead on urban air quality (hence the enthusiasm for EVs in the article I've just linked to). In effect, they're leapfrogging the ultra high-tech emissions control solutions for ICEs that Europe and America are implementing now (Euro 7 in the case of the EU - which, by the way, will include the Czech Republic), and just going straight to EVs, because it's a technology that they're good at. There are dirtier places than China now. Look at all these other Third World ****holes you could aspire to be like!

India could learn from that, but right now, is falling behind. It's not for me to tell them how to spend their money - I don't have to breathe their ****ty air!

I really don't get your "whataboutism". Does this extend to other aspects of society too? Should we not do anything about gun crime, because America is worse? Should we not do anything about drugs because some Latin American countries are worse? Should we not do anything about road safety because Ecuador is worse?

"couple of generations", huh?
Of course. People won't know they are conned until they come to sell. Then everyone will be talking about it. I would say 1 generation would be 10 years for a new car.

Put our own house in order.
Set an example.

Why not?

It's bizarre, isn't it? We get the chance to show a bit of leadership on the world stage, to actually have other countries looking up to us and saying "that's where we need to be". Maybe even to develop the technologies that other countries will pay handsomely for, in the course of doing so, but no... all we want to do is moan about the country going down the toilet, whilst simultaneously, opposing anything that might stop it doing that...

Unless you're in the habit of pushing it to the filling station, you won't have run it until it's empty. Don't tell lies...
Petrol stations are a plenty in london. Not hard to get a fill. My gauge was below zero. Surely, that's empty?

Sponsored Links
Back