EV are they worth it?

This is no joke.

I love this guy. He claims to talk bout "realism", but is actually so biased, it's funny! Any sane person listening to that, would realise in a flash, that this guy had an agenda, and would look at a few other sources online, but of course, that's a problem for you... :rolleyes:

When you actually find a more unbiased report, and drill down into it, things become a bit clearer. It's a survey of cars (in the USA only) from 2021 to 2023. The 2023 EVs were only about 20% worse than the 2023 ICEs, but the 2021 and 22 cars were a lot worse, dragging the average down. You then look at the faults reported, and a lot of them were poor trim and panel fit - things that don't actually result in the vehicle "failing to proceed". The hybrid figures (bad news for ICE manufacturers) were actually BETTER than the ICEs, but again, when you drill down into it, you find that's because the hybrids tended to be made by manufacturers with a high reputation for reliability anyway, like Toyota. Similarly, a fair number of EVs are from start-up companies (like Rivian), so they figure disproportionately highly. Older-established EV manufacturers (like Tesla) were actually in the top 20 for reliability.

Anyway, I appreciate that none of this suits your "EVs-bad, ICEs-good" agenda so I'll leave you to your ignorance, and won't expect you to actually read this...

Sponsored Links
Sixt car rental Germany ( maybe other countries too ) willl order no more Teslas and will sell off current fleet ( although keeping BYDs)

Reasons are:

1) Not popular with customers
2) 30% more on average to repair than ICE
3) More expensive to buy, and selling -price very uncertain due to several recent large price decreases by Tesla.
4) Unlike other suppliers, Tesla has no guaranteed buy-back scheme

I picked up a hire car in Bergerac last week that I'm still driving. Praise the lord it is a petrol Renault Clio. Would have been a nightmare if it had been an Ever Ready job. Asked the car hire employee, and he said there whole fleet there is ICE. Only one 5 min stop at a petrol station so far to refill. Enough to think about driving an unfamiliar car in a strange country on the wrong side of the road without the complcation of electric. Obviously people hiring cars in Germany feel the same way.

Sixt car rental Germany ( maybe other countries too ) willl order no more Teslas and will sell off current fleet ( although keeping BYDs)

Reasons are:

1) Not popular with customers
2) 30% more on average to repair than ICE
3) More expensive to buy, and selling -price very uncertain due to several recent large price decreases by Tesla.
4) Unlike other suppliers, Tesla has no guaranteed buy-back scheme

Seems reasonable, but has more to do with Musk being a loony than EVs in general. He's bet big on his "gigacastings" and glued-together battery packs that you can't repair, and now it's costing him dear when it comes to crash repairs. Well who knew...?! ;)

And then he's compounded it by pulling the rug from under his loyal customers and slashing prices. If I'd got a Tesla, I'd be spitting feathers too!

Sponsored Links
The point is the car did not self combust like EV's do. The ignition was cause by the impact.

Ah... so it's OK if EVs combust when involved in accidents then? Is that what you're saying? ;)

I do hope you noticed the way it sprayed burning fuel all over the carriageway. Nasty stuff, petrol...:)

EV's combust without accidents. EV's combust more in accidents. For lower risk, ICE is better.

It doesn't self combust.

Most people feel at least a bit self-conscious about telling lies. You, on the other hand, seem to wear it as a badge of honour!

Most people feel at least a bit self-conscious about telling lies. You, on the other hand, seem to wear it as a badge of honour!
Which bit is a lie? I don't lie. I use only deduction and youtube reports.

Which bit is a lie? I don't lie. I use only deduction and youtube reports.

"For lower risk, ICE is better." ...is a lie. Prove me wrong... :)

"EV's combust more in accidents" ...is probably a lie. Back up your assertion. Until you can offer credible evidence, I will regard it as a lie and you as a liar.

Off you go...

"For lower risk, ICE is better." ...is a lie. Prove me wrong... :)

"EV's combust more in accidents" ...is probably a lie. Back up your assertion. Until you can offer credible evidence, I will regard it as a lie and you as a liar.

Off you go...
ICE doesn't self combust.

EV has risk of fire after a minor bump. A a major bump means burnt to the ground.

Sponsored Links
Back