Labour MP landlord. Tenants not happy.

Sponsored Links
Ants and mould often down to tenants neglect. Not saying he is not a dodgy landlord but does seem like mud slinging exercise .

I'm not sure an ant invasion, is due to neglect, but failing to deal with them, by the tenant or owner, is certainly negligent. From personal experience, the appear suddenly, then rapidly increase in numbers, just a day or so. A landlord, or agent, cannot possibly respond that quickly, so down to tenant - and not that difficult, or expensive. The pound shops sell an inexpensive and effective ant killer. My large garden, like many of the properties local to me, seems to have an excess of ants in it, which might explain why we sometimes get them indoors.

Mould, often as not, is down to the person living in a properties, lifestyle. We do all the usual things in a house, often as not a bath every other day, washing, drying, and cooking. Yet there is no evidence of mould here.

Oops. Incoming.
It's true though - open the bloody window, tenant.
The LLord didn't supply ants either, and isn't responsible for them.
He has had a lot of other complaints, though.

But, Imho politicians need to be seen as the gold standard in what they do, so this one has to get a better property manager, to install ventilation the tenant can't turn off, and put in an order at Amazon.
1725105024291.jpeg

Luckily we have a freeish press, who will I daresay be keen to follow this one up.

Sponsored Links
Passenger Restraint System?
I thought the PRS is normally the performing rights society

If you play a radio in a factory, you have to pay for PRS and PPL licence.........which is a scam in my eyes, the CEO of these eran around £600k.........to do what exactly?

its just extortion

I thought the PRS is normally the performing rights society

If you play a radio in a factory, you have to pay for PRS and PPL licence.........which is a scam in my eyes, the CEO of these eran around £600k.........to do what exactly?

its just extortion
I wouldn't disagree.
But apart from royalties from 'disc' sales, printed music sales, and actual performance returns, it's the only mechanism for collecting and paying royalties to the composers, arrangers and performers.

Mould, often as not, is down to the person living in a properties, lifestyle. We do all the usual things in a house, often as not a bath every other day, washing, drying, and cooking. Yet there is no evidence of mould here.

Hit, nail and head springs to mind

I’ve seen a property have a number of tenants with never and issue, then new tenant has problems.

It’s always the same, drying clothes inside, showers, cooking BUT never any ventilation. Where do people think the moisture goes?

As with many (most?) things in life, it's direct experience/involvement that gives a true insight. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, however those who are or have been LLs know how challenging things can be.

As I've said before, are there scummy LLs? Yes. Do some of them rent out sub-standard properties? Yes. Do some of them charge rents that are too high? Yes. Do some fail to react quickly enough to issues? Yes. Yes yes and yes again.

However that's not reflective of all LLs, even though some seem to assert it is, mainly those who seem to have nothing but disgust for the PRS.

Believe it or not tenants can also be challenging. Believe it or not, sometimes the property issues are caused by the tenant. However that side of the story isn't as juicy to the media and gets conveniently ignored by politicians.

One of our friends owns a couple of flats that she rents out. She is forever telling her tenants to open the bloody windows. On a similar matter, our daughter and her husband moved from a flat (without even a balcony) to a house this week. Hanging washing on the line was a novelty for her and she was surprised at how quick they dried on a sunny day. They never suffered from mould as they were lucky enough to have a spare bedroom to dry their clothes in on clothes airers and they could leave the window open.

These little Labour 'entrepreneurs' remind of the pigs in the George Orwell book.
Once they got rid of the farmer and took over the farm, they started to behave like the person they had fought to free themselves from.

Last edited:
One of our friends owns a couple of flats that she rents out. She is forever telling her tenants to open the bloody windows. On a similar matter, our daughter and her husband moved from a flat (without even a balcony) to a house this week. Hanging washing on the line was a novelty for her and she was surprised at how quick they dried on a sunny day. They never suffered from mould as they were lucky enough to have a spare bedroom to dry their clothes in on clothes airers and they could leave the window open.
So, its not necessarily down that "scummy" landlord that you were so keen to villify.

Sponsored Links
Back