Major Incident In Southport

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you appreciate the inaccuracies of yours and Harry's comment?
I’d say they were entirely accurate.
They were foreign, they were Romanian and they had no U.K. tax or insurance. Mot? Dint know if Romania has them.

Sponsored Links
Works in Spain too but we kept a U.K. registered car out there for 6 years. Used to tax it and MOT it without all the bother of bringing it back to the U.K. for its annual test. I would help my fellow Brits out who lived out there too so don’t waste your time telling me what can and can’t be done for cars registered in one country but used permanently in another. ;)
It would need to be re-registered in Spain, surely?

It would need to be re-registered in Spain, surely?
Yep. Would need to. We didn’t though and neither did any other Brits that had cars out there that I knew. Occasionally the Spanish police set up checks on the coast road and carried out such checks but word got out and people avoided them. Nobody I knew lost their car but I did hear of others. Cheap as chips to run another one out though. ;)

Sponsored Links
Double standards.

But it's OK to accuse others of doing it, but ignore doing it himself.

Looks like he is actually worse, because he knows what he was doing, without any doubt.

I'm sure most people on here know perfectly well.

They don't exercise the freedom to go back as often as many people would like :)
Irrelevant. There is freedom of movement between Ireland and UK.
They can live, work, claim benefits, etc in UK, visa free.
Just as you can travel to Ireland, live, work, and enjoy benefits, etc in Ireland.

Yep. Would need to. We didn’t though and neither did any other Brits that had cars out there that I knew. Occasionally the Spanish police set up checks on the coast road and carried out such checks but word got out and people avoided them. Nobody I knew lost their car but I did hear of others. Cheap as chips to run another one out though. ;)
You wouldn't be able to test it and tax it without it being registered in Spain.
You'd need the Spanish equivalent of a log book.

What about insurance. Is it still valid if your car isn't properly registered. I have no idea, btw.

Wrong. As usual. Who said anything about it being registered in Spain.
Really?

Vehicle Registration Document​

The vehicle registration document is a European document that has existed since 2005, issued by the General Directorate of Traffic and that identifies the ownership of a motor vehicle. It contains the most important information about the vehicle such as, for example, the registration number, the chassis number, the date of registration, the address or the names/surnames of the owner, etc.

MOT Certificate​

The MOT certificate is required in order to drive your vehicle and is issued by the Ministry of Industry. Together with the vehicle registration document, it establishes the identity of the vehicle and certifies that it is suitable for driving on Spanish roads. It is part of the vehicle’s documentation.

MOT Sticker​

This sticker will be given to you at the MOT inspection if you pass. Remember that you have to place it on the front window. In the case of vehicles with windshields, the sticker must be placed in the upper right corner of the windshield, inside of the car. The printed side of the sticker is self-adhesive. In other vehicles, the sticker must be placed somewhere visible.
Which Spain are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back