Stop the carnival

Not by me - if you read my post you'd know. Now, have another go reading it and again, pay particular attention to the words in bold.
Ok, so you agree that stopping the carnival won't stop the stabbings?

So, what will it achieve?

Sponsored Links
I therefore challenge that there will be less deaths due to stabbing, less stabbings, less muggings, less assaults, less drug related offences and less sexual offences on the bank holiday weekend without carnival.
The official figures prove otherwise, sorry.

Sponsored Links
I can't help facts and figures,
Sorry, I didn’t see any of your facts and figures on weekend stabbings and deaths in West London when the carnival is not on. Can you show us them again please. I’d like to compare them with the known facts and figures of the carnival that’s just had 300+ arrests, 8 stabbings and two deaths.

Last edited:
The figures for the carnival weekend have been posted at least once on this thread. Go and look for them, we all know you are an expert at searching.

Are you saying stabbings only happen on carnival weekend?

The figures for the carnival weekend have been posted at least once on this thread. Go and look for them, we all know you are an expert at searching.

Are you saying stabbings only happen on carnival weekend?
I know - I posted them myself.

I get it, you have no figures for deaths and stabbings on non carnival weekends but don’t want to admit that because it will turn a fact that exists only in your head into an opinion. Oh well, no point in asking further, we all know you don’t have them.

I know - I posted them myself.

I get it, you have no figures for deaths and stabbings on non carnival weekends but don’t want to admit that because it will turn a fact that exists only in your head into an opinion. Oh well, no point in asking further, we all know you don’t have them.
Give over.

Are you saying all those people with knives and guns will get rid of them (or at least not use them) if the carnival is stopped?

If yes, then I fully support stopping the carnival.

If no, then it gets a bit more complicated

I know you prefer to look at simplistic headlines though. Stop the boats. Stop the carnival etc

Cost, manpower, disruption, enjoyment, profits etc.

The Notting Hill Carnival is estimated to contribute as much as £300 million to the London economy. The carnival's economic impact is significant, with people spending money on food, accommodation, entertainment, travel, and shopping.

Not by me - if you read my post you'd know. Now, have another go reading it and again, pay particular attention to the words in bold.
I challenge there will be less deaths without speeding, smoking or gluttony.
I therefore challenge that there will be less deaths due to stabbing, less stabbings, less muggings, less assaults, less drug related offences and less sexual offences on the bank holiday weekend without carnival.
It's a proven fact that no speeding will reduce accidents and therefore deaths. But people will still be driving. :rolleyes:
There will still be travel. :rolleyes:

Your assumption that no carnival will reduce deaths due to stabbing is based on your bigotry, and nothing else.
The only assumption that is safe, is to reduce knives being carried, that will reduce deaths by stabbing.
But the Carnival will go on.

Sorry, I didn’t see any of your facts and figures on weekend stabbings and deaths in West London when the carnival is not on.
The number of knife or sharp instrument offences recorded by the police in London rose to approximately 15,016 in 2023/24,

That's an annual figure.
That equates to 15,000/365 = 41 knife crimes per day.
Compare that to 8 stabbings at the carnival over two days. :rolleyes:

The Carnival is one of the safest places to be, in London.

So if you accept stabbings will still happen, you must accept that the carnival isn't the reason for them.

So if you accept stabbings will still happen, you must accept that the carnival isn't the reason for them.
It never was for Mottie, he just hates to see ethnic minorities enjoying themselves and entertaining others, raising £300M in the process.

Maybe he's gutted 'cos he's not getting any of it. :ROFLMAO:

I gather he's slunk off in a mood. :giggle:

Sponsored Links
Back