Here come the excuses

Don't see the problem with the euro, never understood left wingers objections.
I don't think they were the only ones to object to a switch to the euro. The Tory most certainly would.

Snow asked Brown direct;y concerning my view on the reasons for a change. The extra security a currency gets according to the numbers using it. Brown didn't really answer. His worries appear to be that it would mean tighter monetary control due to EU rules. Just think about what happened that prevented us joining the euro from day one. A value needs to be established and held. The money market and ability to retain a value ruled the option out.

Sponsored Links
IMG_7627.jpeg

Of course, that’s what everybody wants

But the UK has no jurisdiction over small boats leaving France and once arrived they can’t be returned to France.

It is an intractable problem.

The only solution is to stop the trafficking gangs and reach European wide agreements on dealing with it…….but no country will work together because that means agreeing on taking asylum seekers and that politically damaging.

By the way, people in small boats amounted to 30,000 last year, net migration was say a million and visa overstayers are around 750,000. The focus is wrong.
We need Reform to sort this.

Nige and 30p Lee would have the boats stopped within a month or so of coming into power. You wouldn't get any excuses from them once in power on anything, the boats, health, education, housing, economy. They'd get it all sorted in year one.

Vote Reform folks!!!

<sarcasm mode off>

:) So using an investment banker as an advisor isn't on? Yet more smoking guns that are probably blanks.
Murdoch has been known to figure in our politics. Starmer appears to have passed that blokes test much as Blair did.

Sponsored Links
Labour should not allow itself to be influenced by lobbyists
Who says he has or in what way? His aims may coincide with Sainsbury's who gave the party £2m

Lord Alli - well best to know what his interests are. You might notice that TV mogul is not as straight forward as reported

Might also pay to remember a lot of the money men went to listen to Reeve's presentation to them and their views were favourable.

Lord Alli has been given a pass to Downing Street.

Why?

And by who?

Those are the questions

Seems his main interest is gays as he is one. The reason for the pass related to organising a party for donors.

To my mind the Tory inferences on this are pot calling the kettle black. All talk to donors and influencers of various types. LOL What does a pass change?

What no one is posting about. Some actions since Labour is in power. One obviously has been but none of the others. They are changes to civil service functions and relationship to the gov. All done as pre planned. Other than small boats the changes are intended to concentrate on growth.

The other aspect is what is Labour's overall plot in terms of growth. I'd guess a lot don't know other than the ones I have mentioned above.

To my mind the Tory inferences on this are pot calling the kettle black. All talk to donors and influencers of various types. LOL.
The longer you're around, you realise the old saying is true when it comes to all political parties, namely they're as bad as each other, albeit to varying degrees.

If anyone's waiting for a squeaky clean political party/government, they're going to have a very long wait ...

Rather too late for that
True, but Labour are not in the pockets of Russians, billionaires, Tufton street ghouls or lobbyists from Institute of Economic Affairs.

Funny I never remember you moaning about Conservatives being puppets for lobbyists, nor did I ever hear you complain about Tory PPE corruption.

Sponsored Links
Back